Captain Corruption\'s Commentary

Friday, May 19, 2006

Oath of office? What Oath of Office?

"I don't need to be lectured by you. You are no more a protector of the than am I," Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pa.,

Read that gem from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter again:

"I don't need to be lectured by you. You are no more a protector of the Constitution than am I."

Psssst. Yo Arlen, remember this whacky Oath of Office you took?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.


"You are no more a protector of the Constitution than am I."

Apparently not.

I don't find the context relevant myself, I find the statement an outrageous admission of dereliction of duty on its face. Nevertheless, here's the context if ya care for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger W.C. Varones said...

Dude, I think you're misinterpreting. Specter was saying that they were both equal protectors of the Constitution

2:13 PM  
Blogger GadFlier said...

Agreed with Varones. Specter was saying that the nasty little rodent he was addressing had no special privilige nor place in protecting the constitution over the obligations owed by any Senator. Thus, said vermin likewise had no special privilige to ignore it.

4:38 PM  
Blogger DEANBERRY said...

EXPECT A BIGGER, LOUDER 9/11. The amerinazis won't go without a fight. And, yes, they're just the type of "people" who would engineer another "terrorist attack" so they can declare martial law and suspend all elections. You heard it here first, folks. http://deanberryministries.org/index3.html

7:40 AM  
OpenID indyundercover said...

seems there's a new blog in town.
http://indyundercover.wordpress.com

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home